Unpack and unwind at Masada Backpackers during your visit to Kota Kinabalu, the capital city of Sabah Malaysian Borneo. With its recent refurbishment and expansion, Masada can now accommodate up to 50 backpackers. Rooms are now available on both floors with added facilities for your convenience.
Clean, convenient and cozy, Masada is walking distance from a variety of attractions within the city area. Take a 10-15 minute stroll to the following locations:
- The Sunday Gaya Street Market
- Sabah Tourism Board's Tourist Information Centre
- Atkinson Clock Tower
- Padang Merdeka (Bus and taxi terminal)
- Signal Hill Observatory Tower
- State Library
- Night Market
- Handicraft Market
- Local coffee shops and restaurants (KFC etc.)
- A variety of convenience shops, supermarkets and shopping malls
The name 'Masada' derives from the Bahasa Malaysia term 'Masa ada’, which translates to 'Available time'.